Sunday, June 3, 2012

Relaxing

If I were to choose one of my greatest weaknesses, it would be my inability to do nothing. During my whole childhood, I have had a lot of free time activities. As the ambitious girl I am, I have therefore developed a great ability to organize my daily life and be effective. Undoubtedly, this has helped me significantly - I have a great discipline when it comes to starting with assignments in time, and I am never stressed in school. On the other hand, the "always being effective need" has some negative consequences as well: it comes with an inability not to be effective. An inability to do "nothing".

If I have spent a whole day without doing something in particular, I tend to become stressed. It's silly, because the majority of the population would find this relaxing.

In my opinion, it is extremely important to put the musts and organization away sometimes - and that is why I keep challenging myself to develop that. As an exchange student this coming year, I will do my very best to do "nothing" more regularly. Because "nothing" is actually something.

No comments:

Post a Comment